Saturday, November 24, 2007

#96 Getting older, family, turkey day, fritanga. What more could you want?

Post # 96 is underway. Tomorrows my birthday. Im officially turning 24. I already told my friends im not celebrating it. This year doesnt count. Next yr will. I will be married on Nov. 15 and imma be the luckiest woman in the world. We will actually be hosting our first thanks giving that year too. Mixin the family up is always fun.
My side of the family keeping the liqour from my dad so he wont say anything innapropriate - and my older sister in law will keep the liqour away from her husband so he doesnt do anything innapropriate hahah its gonna be great.

Its gonna be wonderful...i can see it now: plates breaking now as we speak - and my brothers shipping off my dad to the car - while my brother in law gets his ass kicked into the back of the family van to sleep off his drinkin ... yes. its gonna be great!

Now for Christmas? I dont know - i think it will be a lot just to have family so near during the holidays - its gonna be crazy. Too much familyness going on.. I think i will leave that up to someone else. I only submitted my request for thanksgiving you know?

i wonfer if every other hispanic household does thanks giving like my family does? We mix it up a bit with our culture. Like, we get gallo pinto aka: Kidney-Bean Rice; maduro aka: Ripe-fried Plantains; vigoron aka: Yucca, Pork Rinds & Salad; corn tortillas toasted over a grill; quajada, quesillo, crema aka: Special Nicaraguan Cheese; with the turkey; Nicarguan relleno aka stuffing; some cabbage salad; mash potatoes with gravy; corn; and cranberry sauce.

Yeap, thats what we eat on thanks giving. At my boyfriends house its very American, the only cuban spin they put on it is the leg of pork, and their black beans. The rest is very traditional. Not much too it. But atleast i get the best of both worlds at my house. I remember when my bf had our Nicaraguan thanks giving for the first time. He didnt know what to do with himself. Hed never tasted so many different things in one sitting. lol It was great. Im just happy that i converted him into a Nicaraguan- atleast when it comes to the food. He just loves our food.

If you guys want to know more about Nica food. Check out this web site http://www.fritanga.com/menu/menu.htm its the well known small chain stores that run all over South Florida.


No comments: