Saturday, May 07, 2011

A nice response to a movie I love....and my goals are written...

Eat Pray Love is a phenomenal film - not because of the actors or the scenes, but because of what it represents.
A human being goes through so many different emotions and difficulties through their life time. How are we built to carry all these burdens? The mind can only be so strong. Some people carry these burdens and place them to the side because the thought of confronting them is too much to bear...I for one am used to setting it aside, and I pay for it. Because when the weight is too heavy I end up falling apart.

I am at a point in my life where I am at a crossroads. Not with my personal life, but just my career - what will I do with my degree? What is it really worth now? Why did I waste my time working at that shitty bank job that got me NOWHERE? Why am I still fearing the possibilities? Do I want to be in corporate america? Do I really want that?
Where will I go from here? Not working is being a burden.... I quit In February of this year. It's going to be 3 months now. I haven't accomplished any of my goals I had set out. Then again, I didn't write them down. A goal that isn't written down isn't real.

So here, I am, writing it down, I am going to make them a reality and stop letting my fear guide me anymore.

1 - Study diligently for the LSAT that is coming in October. (lack of funds denied my June exam)
2 - Study the GKT to become a substitute teacher to bring in some flo. Update: 5/17/11 any job will do!
3 - Guide myself to a goal that will be in the pursuit of law? Work at a lawers office?
Study to become a paralegal?
4 - Volunteer at Baptist hospital (i've always wanted to do that)
5 - Start running - jogging, exercising - taking care of my body.
6 - Finish paying my credit cards!!
7 - Enjoy the new beginnings.






Read this link - its a fellow blogger:

No comments: